Monday, September 21, 2009

sunday

yay! this one isn't underlining itself....

ok so yesterday (sunday) was beautiful.  it was a nice 70 degrees with a cool breeze.  (that rhymed) some of us had been studying almost the entire day and needed a break, so we decided to go on a walk down the river thames, which is right by our house.  the walk was beautiful and soothing and a perfect afternoon to go on it.  

kim brought bread to feed the ducks with so she and i sat on the bank and tossed the bread into the river for the ducks.  some of them were really aggressive and feathers were starting to fly...literally.  after a few minutes i look over to my right and there is a duck a hands length away from me.  i scream so loudly that it echos throughout the river and all the old people and couples and families that were there quickly looked over at me, probably thinking i was getting attacked or robbed.  i started cracking up because i had not heard myself scream like that in quite some time.  then the duck started waddling closer to me. i immediately got up, sprinted away, and chucked the rest of my bread behind me. by that time at least 10 ducks were out of the water and following kim and i.  we walked backwards for about 10 feet, and the whole group of ducks followed us, until we showed them we didn't have anymore food and they ditched us.  

we also saw an adorable poodle puppy and a 2 year old boy speaking french.  he melted my heart and i wanted to take him.  but i just settled for snapping some pictures of him.  is that weird? he was so cute. i think his mom would've understood. 

5 days til my parents get here!!!
and my clothes are still stuck in the washing machine! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment