Monday, September 14, 2009

random happenings in colleen's life

take 2.


1.  the rough cardboard sheets that we received in our houses are so harsh that my friend slid into bed the other night and gave herself a rug burn from the sheets.  
2.  i got a coke from a store, and it was the store brand.  after i had finished it, i was looking at the label and saw "allergy information: contains barley and gluten" WHAT?! england, seriously what do you make your cokes out of it.  it is supposed to be 90% sugar and 10% fizzy liquid.  how is it possible to add gluten? weird and funny.
3.  i put a load of laundry in (i was on my last pair of underwear) and when my load finished was informed that the dryer was broken.  i tried it for 2 hours and pulled my clothes out....still very wet.  i hung dry everything around in my room.  
4.  ate at a place called the mission today which is owned by chipotle.  i remember why i hate chipotle.
5.  mitchell made me realize that i have been, for my entire life!, using the word "secrete" in place of "discreet" thinking the entire time that they are synonyms........... 
6.  i got rice milk here...it tastes like marshmallows....i like it better. (and since when is marshmallow spelled with an a??? mallow??) 
7.  i saw platform 9 3/4.....need i say more?
8.  i realized yesterday that everything closes at 5 here on sundays and had to get my groceries for the night at a gas station near the house.
9.  i realized that i literally do not even notice anymore when someone has a british accent or an american accent.  


i love it here.  and i can't WAIT for my parents to get here! 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Colleen.
    Sorry about the sheets...we'll send you some knee pads in your package to spare you the rug burns. And maybe some roller blades. I'll contact pariment and tell them about 90% sugar and 10% fizzy liquid and see what I can do. yay for rice milk and marshmallows but boo on the english language, its spelling and synonyms. Platform 9 3/4...jealous. I hope the voice in your head start speaking in a british accent soon, cause that will be fun. I miss you and things are just not the same without you. Have fun at camp...:) Love you always.
    Sinerely, Mambs.

    ReplyDelete