Wednesday, September 9, 2009

sunshine and fairs





the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous lately! it has been in the 70's everyday and i have been wearing dresses and shorts just soakin up as much sun as i can while it lasts.  


a few days ago there was a fair in downtown that my friends and i went to.  it was very odd and surreal to be there because they had rides and booths set up everywhere and right behind them were these gorgeous old buildings that were built hundreds of years ago.  there was fair food, giant teddy bear prizes and the bodlein library as the back drop.  i mean, it was really the best of both worlds.  some of us went on the ferris wheel right at sunset and got a breath taking view of the city.  i don't think i'll ever get to see the city like that again, so i took lots of pictures.  

tomorrow we go to the natural history museum for class.
i'll take it.  i haven't had a field trip since the 8th grade.  should i bring a sack lunch?

random happenings of the day:
1. i got threatened for black mail with my driver's license picture....alright alright get a good laugh. everyone's is bad... except for mitchell's. 
2. i found out i have the same birthday as shakespeare! so cool.
3. i had a lecture on the history of london and walked out with absolutely no new knowledge on the history of london, but with a free map.
4. i found my dream flannel
5. i got hilariously down on myself after my roommate who worked in parliament last summer and has been studying in 6 different countries this year asked me what other language i speak.  i said pig latin.  then he asked me if i played an instrument.  i said no.  he asked if i played sports.  i said i did in high school.  he answered all of these with a sad "oh."  i just took my oatmeal to my room and watched friends. yeah whatever, go back to parliament or something. haha
6. i tripped down 3 stairs and almost choked i laughed so hard.
7. i ate almost an entire chocolate bar while i was writing this and now feel completely sick.
8. i know i just got done saying that it has been super sunny lately but this morning it was raining while i was walking to school and i got to use my umbrella the whole way.  it was so magical. 


happy first day of school apu!!

2 comments:

  1. 2. that is flipping amazing!
    5. you survived summer last year working for you know who, you convinced all of Escondido and Hume Lake that we are cousins, you have the voice of an angel, you have a heart of pure gold and you have like 19 gajillion people at home that miss you. So tell him to shut it :)
    6. I walked into the first community chapel this morning and tripped over those dang mats in front of at least 300 people. Terry Fransen then fixed the mat I tripped over as i quickly ran to my seat. we are so cousins!

    you're final comment brought tears to my eyes. I miss you so much lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freaking miss you. and i love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete