Sunday, September 20, 2009

half and half


well, it's true. i had my very first no good day in oxford.  hey it's gonna happen, right?  although the events of yesterday are a bit comical, it was traumatic at the time and not comical.  i will just briefly summarize the different events:  i was stressing out because i had five papers to catch up on, and needed to start a huge report due on thursday that is worth 80% of my grade and has to be presented in front of the whole class and critiqued by an oxford tudor. intimidating to say the least.  i decided to go to starbucks after 4 hours of studying in my room and literally almost got pummeled by a bus while i was crossing the street.  i mean the felt the heat of it on my leg.  it was scary.  and i had no other reaction but to laugh extremely hard on the side of the road....the notebook??  hmm...anyway.  then i went to starbucks and got my first sting of homesickness, so i couldn't focus on my schoolwork at all, and was so distracted that i completely left my phone, which isn't mine, there. and sprinted back in a panic and had to answer like 3 questions about the server and phone company, which i had no idea about because it's all different stuff here. then i came home to find the washing machine jammed, with half of the clothes i brought soaking wet and being held hostage in it.  i sat there trying to pry it open with a knife for an hour, then got cussed out for the third time by my neighbor for asking him for help.  it's still jammed and my clothes are still in there.  

the good thing about days like that is that they really make you thankful for certain things that  help you feel better.  and i decided to share my "help you feel better on a bad day" things here. enjoy:  (i do not know why all the typing is underlined in this...i tried to fix it but i think all my fixing thoughts were used up on the washing machine....)








2 comments:

  1. not to ignore your post, but i still want red's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you picked the most flattering picture of me. haha.

    Great post. :)

    ps. we have a box of Twinings English Breakfast tea in out cupboard right now. sooo good.

    ReplyDelete