Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clive Staples

You are my hero.

I had my CS Lewis Seminar on monday and the entire experience blew me away. not only did we have the most amazing discussion of The Great Divorce (which is one of my favorite books!) I also stumbled upon his "garden" which was the most incredible spot i have ever been in, maybe in my whole life. i can completely see where he got his inspiration for Narnia because i honestly stepped into Narnia for a few mintues. i loved it so much that I wrote my poem for this week on it, and i thought i would share a little bit of what i have been doing for that class so here it is:


Glassy pond, no single wrinkle, surface dusty.

Abundant branches, touching white patched sky.

Unstopping forest no green, but perfectly rusty.

Exposed trees, soft mud marked with footsteps passersby


One bird, two birds, glide producing folds by sides.

Distress turned smoke, blown off with affection.

Limbs growing down bending to get a drink at water’s tide.

Some trunks with knobs and knots, a demonstration.


More than the touch, more to discover, more than the seen.

More to desire, more to thirst for, more than what has been.




Hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. um, ok, not EVEN joking...your poem just made me tear up missy.

    i will be having you handwrite that out and framing it in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. I literally thought that was something CS Lewis wrote. (i'll admit i skipped and went right to the poem)
    and thought, wow he really was a great writer..then I realized YOU wrote that. amazing amazing amazing sister. so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete