Monday, October 19, 2009

tutorials

i'm sorry i've been really busy and haven't been able to keep this updated, but i'm gonna give you guys a lot of stuff right now. so get comfortable :]

i want to give a brief overview of my tutorials so far.

primary tutorial-- creative writing fiction and poetry. i'm absolutely in love with this class and my tudor. for my first meeting i had to write a short story and when i brought it in he said he loved it but wanted to do some editing. we basically sat there for a half hour and tore it apart, but it turned out really amazing and i learned so much in the process. for next week i had to read poetry by philip larkin and write two poems to bring in. i have that one on wednesday and i'm really looking forward to getting his feedback on my poems.

secondary tutorial-- shakespeare. my first essay for this class was insanely hard and almost drove me into insanity, but i came out on the other side and learned SO much and ended up really enjoying it. and! all my hard work on it paid off because i received and a- on it, which was extremely encouraging to start off the tutorial with that.

seminar-- c.s. lewis. this class meets in lewis's house. which is unreal, but it gets me into trouble in the class because i find myself constantly thinking things like "i'm sitting in a chair that cs lewis sat in at one point." or "he walked on this floor!" i know its cheesy, but trust me the house would get you doing that too. (i took pictures and i'll put them up later)

basically there's a humanly impossible reading list for each of these courses, but that just means there's a lot to learn. and i really am learning more than i ever even expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment