Friday, August 28, 2009

heathrow and arsenal




helloo!!! i´m so sorry it has taken me so long to update this and if you have been checking it (thanks mom) thank you for being patient.

ok! so! i arrived in london, safe and sound and very jet lagged, on wednesday afternoon. the flight was great and i got a free little sack of my own pair of socks (which i naturally put on immediately), eye mask (which smelled like mold), a toothbrush (which i left in my purse and have been using the flimsy thing in spain because i forgot my regular one) and a tiny tube of toothpaste. everyone on the flight had a british accent which got me so excited. (and on a side note i´ve heard the british accent so much lately that my thoughts are literally in a british accent now ahh!) we arrived in london and our sweet friend kevin lee came to pick me up and brought me back to his house. then we went to a pub in the rain and got typical english food (....bleh.) that night we got to go to the arsenal v. celtic game. it was incredible! i have never seen anything like that in my life. the stadium was enormous and there were 60,000 brits there all screaming the f word. my favorite chant they did was during subs for the other team. the announcer would say which player was subbing and which was coming in and the entire crowd would shout ¨WHO?!?!?!¨ it was hysterical. the next morning i woke up at 6 am and took a train to the airport. the british were friendly but i was ridiculously shy and didn´t want to open my mouth because the second i do its a dead giveaway that ì am a bloody american. then i was barcelona bound!

(pictures to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment